Thursday, January 03, 2008

Vamanos!

I am officially nearly, almost packed! Sort of! I have one more suitcase to pack, which is amazing because I totally thought that the entire contents of my house had been stuffed into the first two. Who knew how much crap one could pack when travelling with small children. Most of what we have packed is to be used, in one way or another on small butts. My camera has also mysteriously disapeared. I am also trying to figure out how I am going to survive without The Davey for the 10 days I will be there before he arrives. Oh! I know! Good Friend Mindy! She will be my co-pilot and co-parent for the first long leg of the trip and she has been incredibly patient with me as I have daily breakdowns full of woe and BUT WHAT IF EVERYTHING IS FUCKED UP AND YOU DONT HAVE FUN? I look forward to getting to know her in a new way and showing her another part of myself. Not my vagina. More like the part of my soul that lives in Oaxaca. Also? I want to see her eat the deep fried grasshoppers.

I wanted to let you know, dear reader, that from now to the end of the month this blog will be somewhat light on The Funny and heavy on The Travelling as I plan to blog my trip for those I am leaving behind and I will not have the time to devote to the usual witty banter that you may have grown accustomed to. Take heart! Next month things will return to normal as I re-enter the world.

T minus one day......and counting

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time!!!!!

8:33 AM  
Blogger sltbee69 said...

I'm totally jealous of you! Hope you have a wonderful time. Be safe!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home