Monday, December 31, 2007

I like vodka

It's New Years Eve and we aren't doing a damn thing. Well, I guess I shouldn't say we aren't doing anything because that would imply that we don't desire to be festive and I can assure you that after consuming copious amounts of vodka and amaretto, festive we are. Or rather I am. Davey isn't here. He took Goldie to the store to buy her some shoes and fit her with a dog harness. I wish that last part was just the vodka talking, because seriously, dog harness. My concern that Goldie will run away in Mexico and be sold on the black market (people love toddlers right?) has translated into Davey's singular obsession with keeping her under our control. Her "backpack" isn't tough enough so he is trying to convert said dog harness to toddler wrangler and I told him that as long as he can find a way to hang a Cabbage Patch Kid off the back, then I can convince her that fucker is a SLING FOR HER BABY. Am I going to jail?

Sometimes truth really is stranger than fiction.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

When my eldest was 2ish I bought one of those kid harnesses. Not the one that connects you wrist to wrist but the actual over the body harness.

The first day he wore it, I took him to WalMart (a shopping cart was not enough to contain this kid) and he, fittingly, chose to drop to all fours and start barking the moment we walked through the doors. The old biddy giving me the dirty look so deserved that one.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Lesley said...

I'd be doing the same thing! Hopefully you'll have more peace of mind and will be able to enjoy your trip.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Tracy DeLuca said...

Happy New Year! We have a backpack monkey... it works fine until the 2 yo decides he does not want to go where we want him to go and he just goes completely limp. Then it is either drag him by the harness or carry him. Fun times are had by all. It is probably a good idea though.... I would be worried too!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Tracy DeLuca said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home