Thursday, January 03, 2008

Moving On

I made it a full 9 hours of fasting which is, you know, totally not very spectacular. But you know what was spectacular?! A belly full of tortillas and salsa. That's what.

On our way home I was relishing in the quiet of my car, jamming to some Bonnie Raitt when I heard a rustling. I turned around to find Goldie with a plastic bag on her head tied around her neck. I swear the child is on a suicide mission some days and when I immediately pulled over to unsnarl her she was all BUT I WAS BEING CAREFUL MAMA. Christ, I have given birth to myself.

Also, sorry for sounding like a pathetic jilted lover in the last post. I think I'm over it. I had a good cry with Davey who is so great (as ever) for understanding my sadness over something that I don't think anyone can get (you mean you lost a friend like almost 3 years ago and you can't let it go already, you freako?) and I am going to re-focus my energy on the present.

On to the packing!

2 Comments:

Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

Two things:

1) OMG- I'm soo glad your child is Ok and surviving for at least one more day!

2) I still mourn the loss of a friendship from HIGH SCHOOL (so sad, I know) but it's true. I have lost two VIP friendships in my life...and I for one will never "get over it" or simply "move on". It hurts.

12:51 PM  
Blogger sltbee69 said...

Oh, my hell! That would scare the bejeezus out of me too. So glad your hubby was there for you.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home