Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Giiirl, get over it already

The packing marches on! Everyone has had a haircut besides the small one who barely has anything sprouting on her head. Each day seems packed full of farewell lunches, and dinners, and coffees and is there any wonder I am fat? Anyway, tomorrow I am looking forward to filling myself with a pre-Mexico feast of delicious homemade-by-a-real-Mexican gorditas and I am trying to prepare myself for the feast by fasting. After I finish off the last of the secret Roca stash. For real. Fasting. For at least 12 hours.

In other news that will be totally uninteresting to you, I have felt increasingly melancholy over my friend who dumped me a few years ago. You see, we traveled some together while I was living in Mexico and preparing for the beach portion of my getaway has made the heartache that I have whenever I wonder why SHE TOTALLY EFFING DUMPED ME ever more strong. Does she not remember the girl at the nude beach who had totally hairy boobs? Not that we were looking (we were totally looking). But they were hairy! Like a wolf! And what about the diarrhea? And the backpack full of rotten Mangoes? And the freeloading girl who crashed our hotel room and then I totally named one of my kids after? What about that? And the zillion times we made fools of ourselves together? And the 10, 989 million hours on the phone? And the fact that she was the best friend I ever had and she dropped out of my life without so much as a goodbye? I'm crying just remembering. I even tried to delete her number out of my phone. But I couldn't do it. I wanted to so bad, but I was like, what if she needs me sometime? Maybe. Maybe someday we'll be together again. Perhaps its because I have a newish friend with whom I have a similar chemistry with that has brought her to my mind. As silly as it is, sometimes I feel like I am cheating on her, or that maybe I shouldn't trust my new friend as much as I did her because I don't think I could handle another hole in my heart.

I'll get over it, I'm sure. Just not today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home