Tuesday, October 07, 2008

30 down, 70 to go

Holy "Let's Build A Bunch of Nuclear Plants" Batman! Must.Not.Listen to. Debate. Anymore.

Ahem. What's going on with me? Thanks so much for asking. Very thoughtful, indeed. Things are rocking around Chez Davey with kids and their doctor appts. and jobs and internships and children who whine all the time because they need "attention" and haven't "been fed" and on and on. What about me? I need things too. Like more than 5 hours sleep. And booze. Lots and lots of booze.

Ruby and the Rash of Mystery continues as we have suddenly realized that most children do not get hives more than once per day nor do they often have have big, hard bellies. What I thought was her just being Full has been diagnosed as possibly being Distended. Also? You know how we always thought she just had a chronic case of The Fussy? Well, turns out that since she started getting a few words down, the most used one is when she is broken out in hives and screaming "OWWW OWW OWW." Oh. Fuck. Am wonderful mother. She had a lot of tests done the other day to check for everything from food allergies to The Scurvy. Am in a quandary because I don't know whether to hope for a diagnosis and have a possibly sick baby or hope that they don't find anything and feel like a monster who sends healthy babies to doctors to suck out all their blood.

Also? I turn 30 today and suddenly I have realized that I am entering a decade of my life that promises to be so busy that I may not blink for another decade. As long as I have my babies, my Davey and my friends around me, this promises to be the best 10 years yet.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, girlie! I'm coming home this weekend, so maybe I'll see you and be able to give you your gift!

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

de-lurking just for your special day.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Poor little Ruby, I hope they figure it out soon and she's feeling better in no time.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Happy Birthday!!

Ihope that Ruby feels better very very soon!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home