Monday, September 24, 2007

Barf-o-Rama

Dateline, My bed, 3:00 a.m.

Stumbled out of bed to discover Roob shoved in the corner of her crib, face up with with a tiny jacket spread over her face. Goldie had contributed jacket to the crib contents the night before after insisting that "sissy. cold." and refusing to leave until she was certain that the jacket was going to stay. Am wonderful mother and did not return for jacket that was safely tucked in opposite end away from Roob. Sigh.

Room is freezing cold. I snatched up my babycicle, changed her quickly and tucked her into my bed as she started to eat. and eat. For well over 30 min. the child chowed down. Great, I thought. "She will be so full and happy that she will sleep till 10 a.m.!" Am impressed with flawless plan and self for having so much milk! Reluctantly pick up sweet, content baby and head for her room.

Ruby does not spit up. Ever. Her burbs are dry. Always. So I was unconcerned when I had her over my shoulder and heard a little burp. Then a bigger burp. Then....OH MY GOD, a splat. Down my back. Yowsa, what a freak occurrence that was! Put baby on my chest to hold her and "buuuuuurp" HOLY CRAP. The barf. Is unstoppable. I did what anyone who was being rapid fire barfed on would do: I stood there like an idiot clutching the person who was barfing on me and started screaming. Davey came running as I was still holding the Incredible Exploding Baby and he turned on the light. I tossed Roob into his arms and ran to get the barfy clothes off. Then the baby, in her father's arms started grinning like a Gerber baby uncontrollably and her father, powerless against her cuteness, forgot about his barf-soaked wife and started a coo-fest that went on forever as I tried to soak it up from the carpet (Thank you Roob for barfing on the only carpeted surface in the house. I think that's great).

Everyone changed, calm, and ready to get back in bed by 4 a.m. Am supermom. Dipped in barf.

Am secure that I no longer suffer from low milk supply.

5 Comments:

Blogger melodyann said...

That Roob is one fun little chicken...

4:26 AM  
Blogger MomSmoo said...

how is it that right before they barf all kids chow down like it is their last meal.

When L demonstrates excessive comsumption of food I fear for the worst.

hopefully you have recovered and it was just a case of over-eating this time.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

Oh Yum! God I love it when that shit happens! LOL! I've had my fair share of being barfed on having 4 kids and all but it's great to hear that it happens to other great mommies too. I have a bad habit of throwing them on the tile (easy to clean) and running to the bathroom to hurl myself.

I hope it was just overeating and not illness!

8:52 AM  
Blogger mommy~dearest said...

Here's a present to make you smile...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you poor thing! Two of my four had reflux, and the first one was just the worst projectile vomitter, but a happy spitter, so she'd just hurl all over everything, necessitating a change of clothes for all parties within a two foot radius, plus usually changing of the sheets or whatever (I learned quickly to put towels down on the couch when I sat there to nurse her), and then she'd quite happily nod off (she was a good sleeper, too) while I stayed up for hours changing and washing things, because I? Was not Supermom. Was slow learner. Now I don't do laundry until there's a threat of someone leaving the house naked....

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home