Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pinch Me

Big! Things! have been happening here at Chez Davey these days. Unfortunately, none of the aforementioned Big! Things! will be of interest to you and include boring details that I am totally going to tell you anyway:

  • It took three years and copious amounts of liquor, a trip to Atlanta, the alienation of my family and friends and becoming an absentee parent, but my job as Chair of the Search Committee for a pastor of my church has finally come to an end! I am pleased to say that it was all worth it because after a decade long battle to become a truly inclusive congregation, we found the most amazing person to lead us, who happens to be gay. And there was nary a vote in opposition. I'm still a little teary-eyed.
  • I can't give out the deets, but lets just say that the dream job I have been, you know, dreaming of? The one I can do what I love? at home? on staff? No set schedule? Perhaps becoming reality.
If only the zit goatee would disappear and cake could somehow become resistible (CAKE!), life would be perfect. Even so, I'm not complaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home