Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I should totally get paid for this plug, but I'm not

People who have been forced to sit through my long-ish rants about the evils of various corporate empires (Tip: Do not ask my opinion of High Fructose Corn Syrup if you have any pressing plans)and Comcast has been at the top of my list. I ditched the cable in favor of dish, but felt like Comcast had me by the balls for fast internet without a phone line.

Enter Clear Wimax. They are only here in Portland, Atlanta and Las Vegas. I was very skeptical and couldn't find much about them, but gave it a go because I was tempted by city wide wireless internet and home internet for less than I have been paying my Craptastic! provider.

I'm hooked. It's fast. It works. It's cheap. I can get online with my netbook all over town and wherever their network is. Will come in handy when I go to Atlanta in a couple weeks I suppose. Their sales staff is not the brightest, but neither is Comcast's.

You should try them too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Andy said...

my husband and i were just talking about this last night - neither of us know anyone with real experience with them and info is limited online. i'm SO insanely spoiled with high speed internet. i will go without cable for my tv but cable internet is a must. is it just as fast? i'm paranoid that my house will be a dead zone or something and i'll regret the switch.

also: my word verification is aging. is that a sign? am feeling rather old today.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I know what you mean about being spoiled. I think that it will depend on where your house is and how the signal is there. Rocky Butte area can be a bitch for reception (I couldn't get network tv for all of the 80's thankyourockybutte) but you have 2 weeks to try it out.

Keep me posted!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home