Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My little sailor

Tonight while we were enjoying our dinner, we heard Goldie muttering something over and over under her breath. I thought it sounded familiar, but were unsure and so I finally asked her what, pray tell, was she saying. She looked up at me, square in the eye with a huge grin across her face. "Fuck it, Fuck it, Fuck it," she announced. Unfortunately, raw emotion took over and I tried as hard as I could to stifle a smile because it was so damned funny. And inappropriate. But I failed. I did what any crazy person would do and I jumped up from the table and ran to hide my giggles in the kitchen.

Davey, my brilliant co-parent, thought quick and came up with an explanation. "See Goldie, you upset Mama so much that she had to leave." I feigned sobs for a few minutes before returning to scold her.

Very clever, my love. Very, very clever.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tracy DeLuca said...

LOL I can't wait for mine to do this. I am unable to curb my mouth. DH keeps telling me I am going to regret it but..... hehehe

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I would have been able to stifle the laughter. Nice work.

Played bunco this weekend and it made me think of you. We need to do coffee again. That was an invite, not a demand :)

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant! What a wonderful explanation Davey came up with. When my 3 year old started talking about finding "this fuckin' damn backpack" I was just speechless. All I could say when I gained my composure was "What??!? What did you say??!?" over and over. To which she was more than happy to keep repeating herself answering my questions.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Damn that man is brilliant.

4:41 PM  
Blogger melody said...

You are ruining that child. First, she says Daddy's got BIG MEAT!! Now, she's spewing the "F" word like lava. You are so totally my hero!!!

7:59 PM  
Blogger MomSmoo said...

This is Lane's favorite saying these days too! Of course, when he says it in front of your parents it is a bit harder to laugh off. We have taken to saying -- "bucket? Where do you see a bucket?"

Although B is the one that taught him that choice phrase, so I can't even give him credit for trying to stop his use of it.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home