Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mean Mama

Not to much going on here at Chez Davey. The main thing has been that Goldie is going through some kind of Boundary Testing That Threatens To Kill Us All. This has manifested itself through whining, begging, crying and CLOCKING ME IN THE FACE. When that final one happened I channeled my mother, gritted my teeth and got up in her 20 toothed grill and scared the binky out her mouth if you know what I mean. I actually created wind that blew her hair back and I think at one point I actually roared. I don't think she will hit me again. Also? Today the whine fest over NO DRESS I WANT A SHIRT chant, while she was strapped in her car seat that didn't seem to have an end resulted in me Pulling This Car Over If You Don't Stop Whining. She whimpered NO DRESS I WANT SHIRT, very softly and it resulted in the aforementioned pulling over and possibly another round of Meet My Deranged Mother The Lioness.

This behaviour alternates with the sweetest angel toddler who help with everything, including when I found her lugging a 20lb bucket of dish washing soap across the house because it was not in it's place. I think she has a future in bodybuilding.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy DeLuca said...

Oh, man. Testing boundaries and independence. Fun, huh? I am fighting with my 2 1/2 yo CONSTANTLY lately. Things he hasn't messed with for 6 months he suddenly feels the need to screw around with. I scared both of my boys to sleep the other night by channeling my inner lioness!

This, too, shall pass....

8:42 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I have decided that toddlers are the human version of the Sour Patch Kids candy: first they're sour, then they're sweet.

Totally Ian anyway.

11:18 PM  
Blogger MomSmoo said...

Glad to know I am in good company. I know the twos are supposed to be terrible, but I still think L has all the other sweet 2 year olds beat. I have been pulling over to stop the whining since October of last year. Seriously -- that kid does everything in his power to push my buttons!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home