Friday, October 05, 2007

I thought I wouldn't live to see the day

after a post-naptime discovery of crusted crap on the hindquarters of my charming toddler and an ocean of urine so plentiful that it gushed onto the wood floor (have you noticed that I am obsesed with my floor? Not that I have ever cleaned it. I just like to know that it is there) and she had a bath to loosen the crust and I had things sort of disinfected, I knew that I had better get some laundry done.


I didn't need her chasing me to the basement so I thought of a diversion: I handed her panties, a turtleneck and some pants and said "get dressed, I'll start the laundry."


Five minutes later, I heard her little horsey clip-clop coming down the stairs and there she stood, fully dressed. Nothing on backwards. We stared at each other for a moment before she said "Where my sock?"


I better start filling out those Harvard applications.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. G. said...

Genius. Freakin' genius.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Mrs Marcos said...

Did the look on her face go something like "why did you not give me the appropriate sockage when you initiated your request, moron?"

She makes me laugh :)

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home