Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Love Letter to my Big Girl

Dear Goldie,

Today you turn two years old, and what a couple of years it has been! I woke up teary eyed today thinking about how proud I am of you. How proud I am to be your mama. Remember when you used to live in the sling?

Not so much anymore. You are such an amazing little girl. Watching you learn and grow everyday is what makes my world go around. You have a personality that sparkles and shines and you have a way of making friends everywhere we go. You are a great traveller and love to be on the go. Some days I wonder if I have created a monster because of how you hate to be stuck in the house. Yesterday we pulled into the driveway and you started crying "No! No! Goldie Go! No Home! Park!" You have a full grown personality in a little tiny body, but your charming way makes your orneriness adorable.

This year you became a big sister. All of my worrying was for naught. You adore your sissy. You help mama all day by entertaining her, getting her diapers, bringing her toys and giving mama time to take care of her. I have never seen a child who adapts so easily to change. The list of things you like goes on and on. I can hardly think of anything you don't love. Maybe being told no.
Some days are so challenging being your mama. I just want you to do what I want you to do. But you are fiercely independent and know exactly how you want things done. It drives me crazy, but we are so much alike that sometimes I feel like I can read your thoughts. Happy Birthday big girl. Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for making me want to be a better person. Thank you for being my daughter. I still can't believe that you started out so small!

I love you to moon and stars and back again my darling. I loved you before you were a thought. I love you forever. And don't you ever forget it.
Love,
Mama

6 Comments:

Blogger mommy~dearest said...

What a sweet letter. *sniff*

They do grow up way too fast. I had my own realization this morning when I was getting dressed-While I was getting my shoes on, I realized that I was wearing Jaysen's socks- and they fit! He's 5!

Happy Birthday Goldie!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Goldie!!!

3:58 PM  
Blogger MomSmoo said...

Happy Birthday Goldie!! OMG -- you are going to make me cry. I am so not ready for L to turn 2.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Whoa, our daughters were born on the same day! Happy birthday, Goldie!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Drea said...

Isnt it amazing how fast they grow! I like how you took her pics in the swing! I take Caleb (my almost 3 yr olds) picture in his carseat (that his lil brother uses right now- was his) every year. I love comparing the photos...
Love the Mei Tai! who made yours?

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is so nice. and i love the picture of her looking giant in that swing and indant seat. isabella loves to put herself in the exersaucer and the bouncy chair whenever we bring it out for friends...:)

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home