Monday, October 10, 2005

Decisions Decisions

Unbefreakinglieveable! I am working Monday through Wednesday and that has been creating like a jillion times more work for my co-workers to not have me there full time. When I suggested kindly last week to my jefe that he could lay me off if he needed someone more focused and who could work full time I thought that he dismissed the idea, but oh no internets......the man came to me today and said that HR told him that it is up to me if I would like a......drumroll please....VOLUNTARY LAY OFF!! Full unemployment for 26 weeks! But wait, there's more..... A SEVERANCE PACKAGE!! HEHEHEHE. A glowing reference and eligibility for rehire and the possiblity of covering for leaves of absence.Of course I told him that I would need time to think it over....hmmmm. Let us reflect on this for a moment:1. I could stay at home with my baby making nearly what I earned full time.
Or
2. I could continue working my ass off 3 days a week while my milk supply dwindles, pull my hair out and earn less than I would with unemployment.
You tell me which I should do......:)

4 Comments:

Blogger Sabrina said...

That exact thing happened to me as well after our 2nd kiddo. I went back to work for 1 WEEK!!! I told my boss that daycare was going to cost too much for 2 kids and I didn't know what to do and by the end of the week he laid me off BUT I didn't get a sev. package! You're lucky! I got almost the same amount of pay for 7 mths through unemployment though! :) It's funny because the same company laid me off my entire pregnancy with my first child then I went back after 6 wks of having her. After the 2nd lay off though I never went back.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Mrs Marcos said...

So when is your last day? HEHE Congrats!

7:41 AM  
Blogger marlynn said...

Uh, gee...tough decision, here...
YOU GO GIRL!!! That rocks!

6:57 PM  
Blogger nita said...

you could also offer to 'consult'.....congrats. i love it when it works out for a mom :)

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home