Monday, August 01, 2005

Davey's Manary Gland


So we thought we were doing everything right, Goldie is eating often, sleeping constantly, and looking adorable. Unfortunately today at our Lactation appointment we found out that she has lost too much weight, is too sleepy and has a touch of jaundice. Also, the kid doesn't poop.
So now we have to wake her every 2 hours on the dot, I feed her for at least 20 minutes, then Davey uses his Manary Gland to finger feed her another ounce of breastmilk. The process takes at least an hour So basically when we are not feeding her, he is changing and burping her and I am pumping. I am so hoping that this gets easier, this is hard, not undoable, but difficult. Thank goodness he is home until the 22nd to help. Wish us luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger notasoccermom said...

Aww, sweetie I've been there,so I feel your pain. Keep your head up - it gets better

6:43 AM  
Blogger heels said...

That's the kind of dedication only being a parent gives you!

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I promise you that it DOES get better until they turn 2, between 2 and 10 has been hell for me, so I can't comment on anything beyond that.
You're doing everything JUST RIGHT!

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home