Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Today went pretty well. I am jealous of Davey for having the whole week off but that is ok because he is doing nothing but home improvement. I got word that my laptop won't be here until the 21st so that was a little dissapointing but at least it is coming.

Ok, dear internet friends, I need advice! So my baby is due Aug. 3rd, and one of my dearest friends is getting married 9/3 so I am going to have a tiny baby and be leaking milk and probably still be looking preggo. I am the matron of honor in the wedding and my friend is not understanding the seriousness of how hard it is for me to find a dress. I have NO idea what size I will be. She keeps saying things like "well you can just buy one and keep getting it altered." Um, no. Also, she would like me to wear the same things as the other bridesmaids (size 2's, none of them preggo) What am I going to do?

4 Comments:

Blogger le said...

My SIL was 8 mo. pg at my wedding. A size 4 beforehand, she ordered a size 10 in the same dress as everyone else and then had it altered (they had to put panels in - all kinds of craziness) the week before the wedding. I didn't know she was pg at the time we ordered or I would have told her to wear whatever she wanted. Anyway, she changed into a comfy pg dress at the reception. Maybe you could work out a compromise like that?

7:00 AM  
Blogger Sasha@Pw said...

Honestly? I'd ask to not be the matron of honor and pass it on to someone else. If you're breastfeeding, the last thing you want is to be standing there with your dress leaking all over the place. But that's just me.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have a seamstress in your family (like I did at my wedding) then you're in luck. If not, well maybe you should quickly disappoint her and get it over with.

2:32 PM  
Blogger bekah said...

Hi. Just found your blog. Love it. Just ready this post and almost passed out. I thought you were going to ask "Should I try to go to the wedding?" Not -- I'm the matron of honor. Holy cow. I have a 5 month old baby girl. We went to a wedding when she was six weeks old and it was very hard. And we were merely guests. I'd try to back out, if it's possible. If not, someday when your friend has a baby she'll finally understand. Best of luck to you!

Bek

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home