Saturday, November 24, 2007

Home again home again jiggity Jig

We're home! And right back in the swing of things apparently as we had the pleasure of calling poison control within 30 minutes of our arrival. It appears that an entire bottle of children's Advil is considered to be more of The Toxic rather than The Refreshing. Fortunately it seems that everyone is going to live. Unless they get into the vapo-rub again. Then they will die. Because I will kill them.

It took a mere 7 hours to get home. I love long drives. It makes me sentimental and I like to stare out the window and get all melancholy listening to depressing folk music. Today, for example, I listened to Joni Mitchell croon The Circle Game and decided that there was no point in carrying on. Then we stopped at a gas station for a frappaccino and I regained my will to live.
*Note to self* Remember to write post about The Gas Station Incident: Humanity Lost.

Also: Davey? I must confess that the horrible smell in the car the entire day was not, in fact, the cows that were grazing in the field on the side of the highway nor either of the children as I had indicated. What can I say? Stuffing made me a little gassy. I don't want to talk about it. Though I will say that I am really surprised you didn't pass out.

How about fasting the rest of the week?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home