Sunday, November 11, 2007

Crunch crunch

I woke up this morning with my third MFing cold in a two month span. I already have a ritual of dosing myself with airborne and zicam at the first sniffle, but the sore throat? Is an a-hole that refuses to die. In my quest to find a magical potion to take away the misery, I made an appointment with Dr. Google and asked him about Sore Throat+Get Rid of+Before I start killing people. I found lots of interesting ideas. The most intriguing was a sort of home brew of cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar. And when I say "intriguing" I mean "I have cayenne pepper and cider vinegar on hand."

I gave it a try. After all, tylenol, advil and percocet have all failed so what the hell. And you know what? Within five minutes, that bastard sore throat was gone. Like, magically. It finally came back, ten hours later. So I took some more and voila! Gone again.

The crunchiness. Is. Taking over.

On a totally unrelated note: Goldie has started calling me by my first name. I should have known that I would give birth to one of those.

2 Comments:

Blogger stephanie said...

Wow, cayenne pepper & vinegar - I'm assuming you have to drink it? Maybe I'll see if my favorite bartender at Teardrop Lounge can whip those ingredients into something magical tasting cocktail for my next sore throat...

So glad you're better, though I guess when one hardship is over another begins - thus the 2 year old acting like a teenager...

Best of luck :)

9:24 AM  
Blogger katydidnot said...

i am too scared to try it. i will suffer with coughing, hacking, monumental sore (omg, i almost typed soar) throat.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home