Sunday, June 24, 2007

Monkey See.....

The world according to Goldie: Actual ways I find her babies

Babies like to swing! Fabric softner sheets keep them warm!

Time to switch to the other swing with a pull-up for a blanket.


At naptime we put sissy on her belly to sleep, but shhhh! Don't tell anyone.
Then we let her practice sitting up

Potty Break!


And then we hit the road with daddy's boxers and some nipple cream!


And that Elmo doll was something that Davey pulled out of a claw machine at the grocery store for a dog toy like 5 years ago and then we left it in the yard for a whole winter. Someone told us that babies like Elmo so being the total assholes we are, instead of buying her a new one we shook off the mud and slime, threw it in the washer and voila! Goldie's new best friend.







5 Comments:

Blogger C. Jane Reid said...

HA! That is just hysterical!

Go, Goldie! She'll be babysitter her little sister and little cousin in no time!

Cari

9:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Kirsten,

Cari sent your blog address to me again as she has really been enjoying your postings. You must write a book someday on child rearing. It could be a best seller with all your humor.

I had my tummy tuck/boob lift done on 6/15 and am doing surprisingly well. I went for my first walk today and did 1.2 miles in 21 mins. Pretty sad since before surgery I was doing 3 miles in 33 min, but you have to start somewhere. The doc won't let me start running again until a month after my surgery. Not that I could run right now anyway.

I am still not standing straight as everything if pretty f---ing tight. They reassure me that I will be walking tall before I truly am an old lady.

We are looking forward to Goldie's birthday party. Give us more details as they become available. I will be home until July 9th. My home email is nanaswan@comcast.net

Hey did you cut your hair?

Love, Jane

9:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this post!!! The pictures are great. Goldie is learning all the right things from you guys!! I think I like Elmo the best. You know, because EVERYBODY has to use the potty at one time or another.

Hey Kirsten guess what? I cut my hair this past weekend!!! I LOVE IT, I'm going to post a pic tomorrow.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*snort* I love how you got her a cheap Elmo doll!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Ahhaaaa the cheap elmo doll!! It's always the simple, cheap stuff that toddlers love. One of life's little mysteries. LOL
PS- LOVE LOVE LOVE the photos!! I almost peed a little looking at those with the captions. LMAO

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home