Friday, July 01, 2005

Be careful what you wish for



So, you know how much I have wanted to stop working, well the good news is I am off work, the bad news is that I have pre-term labor.

I was not feeling well at all Weds. night and Thurs. so I went in to the dr. sure that they were going to say I was crazy again, but this time I had started dialating and am 70% effaced. Not good. Especially since the doc thinks that I am 1 week behind where I think I am which puts me at only 34 weeks 2 days. I went to the hospital where they told me that they would give me a shot to stop the contractions (every 2 min) and put me on modified bed rest but would not aggressivly stop labor since I am far enough along that the babe should be fine. All I can say is HOLY SHIT! I am not ready to be a mother! I am terrified of giving birth! I am SO FREAKED OUT! we have no crib.

I want my mommy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Deep breath in, deep breath out. How exciting and scary at the same time! You'll do fine, and good luck!

10:20 AM  
Blogger marlynn said...

Ditto Amy's comment. Plus, you are totally ready to be a mother, and I've known babies who slept in car seats their first few weeks home, so don't stress about not having a crib :) Good luck with the bed rest, and hang in there!

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home