Friday, July 04, 2008

A different kind of holiday

We are in some kind of 4th of July hazy parallel universe where time is meaningless. Both of the girls have fevers over 102 degrees and one has been barfing since sun up. My body took the opportunity to give me the big finger for lack of sleep over the past month and rendered me knocked out (but gratefully not knocked up) for most of the day, sleeping the sleep of the dead.

I have never seen Goldie so lethargic and sad. She didn't want anything. Not popcicles or t.v. or her babies. Only hugs and snuggles until she passed out into a feverish coma. I was tempted to take her to the hospital, but I think she is going to be ok. We will see in the morning though. Roob is ok as long as she has the advil.

I guess this was a good weekend to get sick as we had no big plans, but the poor little things. Makes me almost appreciate when they are bouncing around and busting my chops. For now they are resting and Davey and I are going to pig out on the burgers and pasta salad and ice cream with fresh berries that we had planned.

I suspect we will be barfing it all up by sunrise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home