Monday, July 16, 2007

The one where she drops the kids off at the pool

Sorry for the absence, have been busy living life instead of writing about it. All apologies. Eh Hem. At the risk of making this the official blog of poop and hooters, I have another poop story for the good of the order.

Goldie absolutely, positively will not poop on the potty. No amount of persuading, cajoling, encouraging, bribing etc. will result in a turd deposit. She will, however, beg to take a nap so she can wear a pull-up and relieve herself whilst she slumbers.

The other day I noticed all day that she was holding her sweet little buns all day. I reassured her that it was fine for her to go sit on the potty and let loose. She assured me that "mama, you are a crazy person who is obviously misinterpreting my body language. Also? You are stupid." Or maybe she just said "Noooooooooooooooooooooo." I don't really remember.

Anyway, Davey promised to take her outside in her little pool to swim when he got home from work so off they went when he hit the door. I took the opportunity to get some nursing in and the conversation I overheard went something like this:

D: Goldie, do you have to poop? It's okay. Let's go in and use the potty.

G: NooooooooooooNooooooooooooooooo

D: Oh! I guess you do have to go! Let's hurry up the stairs!

G: Wahhhhhhhhh! Nooooooooo! Daddy! Mommy!! Isssy! Shoe!

D: Honey, it's okay, let's go poop. You know, Daddy poops on the potty! And Goldie can too! Up the stairs! Quick!

Silence

D:It's okay! Lets just use this box to practice if you can't make it! Kirsten! Help! Code Brown!

Me: Dude, nursing. Boob alert.

G: WAHHHHHH! Poopie! SHOE!!

Door Opens

D: *whispered to me* um, we have a brown trout swimming in the pool.

Me: You mean she went downtown to brown town in the pool?

D: Yup. And um, by the way, her turds are hard like rocks, what has she been doing? Sucking them up all day?

Davey cleans up Goldie, grabs packet of prunes, heads back down to pool.

D: *sigh* C'mon Goldie, lets go catch the brown trout, get some new water to swim in and take some poop pills.

Have I mentioned I love this man?

2 Comments:

Blogger Her Grace said...

(snort) Code Brown. I love it.

5:43 AM  
Blogger MomSmoo said...

WOW!!!

My nephew wouldn't poop on the potty. Know what his pedi said to do -- only let him drink prune juice all day. There is no amount of holding back that can keep it in then, supposedly.

Good luck. We are just in the very very early days of potty training. Oh it is fun!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home