Wednesday, January 18, 2006

When in Rome

Greetings from Oaxaca!
Goldie is just about at 6 months now and I am still breastfeeding, using formula once a day or so and now she really wants food. The thing is, the locals do things a little different. It is like a feeding frenzy In the past three days she has had 2 types of tea, with honey, hot chocolate, broth, carrots, banana, apple, green beans, potato, (all with salt or sugar) and I am sure other things when I am not looking (I caught them letting her suck on a big piece of steak the other day!). Is all this food ok? People are a little pushy about how to do things with babies and I just want to make sure that I donĀ“t have to put my foot down.

They also have some interesting cures for low milk supply. They are making me drink about 4 cups of a drink made of either ground sesame seeds or corn (Atole it is called) and also the broth of rice with almonds (horchata). It sounds crazy, but it is really working. I am really seeing an increase. Good thing because Goldie seems to be starving all the time!

3 Comments:

Blogger nita said...

i started feeding rio food at 6 months. if she's starving, it might be time. and i let her eat anything. she's always terribly interested in whatever i'm eating. she's 18 months old and last night she hogged half of my black beans with chipotle salsa!

have a great time!

4:17 AM  
Blogger city dweller said...

All I can say is lucky for you that you are vacationing while its dreary and rainy here in portland. I'm so jealous!!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Janice @ Mom On The Run said...

I'm jealous too! The honey thing - I think that can cause botulism in kids under 1 - but other than that I'd feed her whateveer she wants! Sierra on the other hand has no interest in food.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home