Saturday, November 12, 2005

Mama's night out

I left Goldita and the Davey to their own devices last night. I cruised down to Eugene, well, more like crept down as a 2 hour drive turned into 4 in the downpour. It was my friend Devin's birthday, she was my college roomate.

At first I was so excited to go out and party for a night with my friends, but once I stumbled back to my friends apt. I realized that the era of all night parties has passed. I just missed my husband and my baby.

Now, don't get me wrong, I will still go down to party town every once in awhile, but at least I know what I am missing. And I'd rather be at home.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O' how the mighty have fallen!

--taps gently plays in the background--

Kirsten will be missed.

--a slight weeping sounds drifts from a women in the midst of the crowd--

She taught so many of the power of letting out our inner co-ed and the joy of drinking until walking was more of burden than a basic form of transportation.

--owners of two local bars embrace one another at the loss of the one that "made it worth keeping the doors open."--

May we all light our smokes and lift our shot glasses and wish our friend the best as she crosses the threshold into the light of sobriety, health, marriage and motherhood.

--the sound on glass slamming on tables fills the room and with a loud belch from the back of the crowd the lights dim as the faithful ponder where from their new leader may emerge to guide them through the dark--

11:37 AM  
Blogger Janice @ Mom On The Run said...

Sigh - scary isn't it? I feel the same way - sometimes I'd *gulp* rather stay home with hubby and baby instead of *gulp* SHOP!

11:02 AM  
Blogger notasoccermom said...

eh,
I've been there...

Still there.....

WTF happened to us?!?

2:28 AM  
Blogger notasoccermom said...

OH YEAH......
UM, HELLLOOOOOOO?
WHERE THE HELL ARE SOME NEW PIC's OF THE BABY????

YOU'RE KILLIN ME!!!

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home