Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Pumpkin Patch

It was a beautiful day on Saturday and so we decided that rather than take care of all of the pressing issues around the house, we would make a family tradition and head to the Pumpkin Patch for the 1st annual Wage-Stein Fall Family Outing. I mean, no one was particularly rested, the baby was sick and we had shitloads of work to do. Why not take off?

Goldie really like the animals

They had all kinds of flowers and produce. Goldie was not interested in hanging out with Moms and Pops. She had better things to do.
Roob was all tucked into the Ergo. If you do not have one of these things, Buy One.
The Money Shot. I spent all morning trying to catch one good picture to make my Halloween memory complete. When she finished rotating towards me, she flipped me the bird and ran away screaming "GOLDIE NO PICTURE MAMA." Must she strip this motherhood gig of all perks? Notice that we are more about The Pumpkin than The Patch. I had a hunch that loading our family of semi-disabled, screaming Weebles onto a hay wagon to ride out into a muddy field full of pumpkins that would all be gigantic and dirty would not be my idea of a fun time. Point us to the pre-picked piles of pumpkins, please. Thankyouverymuch.
Inevitably, there was a meltdown. Because I haven't suffered enough, I was the chosen parent of the day and had the pleasure of packing around two screaming children like a mule.
Overall we came home with 2 small pumpkins, 1 squash, an ear of corn, 1 hotdog, 2 headaches, 6 muddy feet, 4 smiles and a really cool memory.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

Your pumpkin patch adventure sounds utterly exhausting!
Our excursion involved going to the grocery store and letting the boys pick whatever pumpkin they could carry without dropping.
Definitely not as fun as going to an actual market. Okay maybe fun isn't the word I'm looking for...
Love love love the Ergo! I've never seen/heard of it before. Looks perfect for safely containing a wee one while still being able to chase and or carry an active sibling.

11:09 PM  
Blogger melodyann said...

Renie made me buy a pumpkin at Wal-Mart. Then we bought a pumpkin carving kit, complete with PATTERNS, at Kroger. Then my two geniuses proceeded to carve WVU into our pumpkin.

We are the coolest house on the block, naturally.

3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta get me an Ergo for my new bundle arriving in Jan....and then I too can tow 2 children w/o breaking a sweat. :)

5:55 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

OOOOOOOo the Ergo looks WONDERFUL! Connor is 22 pounds already and of course he must be held 24/7. And of course Ian doesn't want to be left out so sometimes I'm carrying them both. And the sling doesn't always cut it.

Btw the money shot is great. Goldie is a DOLL!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

One ear of corn? That's kind of funny--are you going to split it up or saw off the kernels and divide them amongst yourselves? :)

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home